This R&D Project is developed in multidisciplinary co-operation with the CeDInt-UPM (Research Centre for Smart Buildings and Energy Efficiency , an associated department of The Technical University of Madrid), Svam architects, Zona de Expertos (architecture and engineering consultancy), and of course Intelliglass.
The role of Strunor in this Project has been that of the design of different kinds of building enclosures made up of aluminium profiles which are capable of accommodating Intelliglass glass panels. The iThermGlass panel, developed by Intelliglass, while maintaining the same appearance as a standard glazing, is a triple glazing unit, featuring two air chambers to provide insulation, and a third chamber filled with circulating water, which allows filtering infrared light and thus absorb temperature changes.
As a result, Strunor has developed six differentiated systems capable of accommodating IntelliGlass active glass, solving a variety of enclosure typologies both for interior and external use, as well as for various Intelliglass product ranges, and different aesthetic and design requirements:
- Indoor unitised partition system
- Unitised facade for double glazing units
- Unitised facade for triple glazing IntelliGlass units with cover cap
- Unitised facade for triple glazing IntelliGlass units capless
- Unitised facade for double glazing IntelliGlass units with with cover cap
- Unitised facade for double glazing IntelliGlass units with capless
The design process comprised the following stages:
PROTOTYPE MANUFACTURING STAGE